Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is now commonly used for several ailments. It is one of the cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Unlike another compound that dominates the cannabis plant, THC, CBD is not psychoactive and a prized option among medical patients.
CBD is the option of choice for those looking to treat several health-related ailments without the high of THC or other pharmaceuticals. It is gaining popularity in the holistic health world because studies show its effective relief of anxiety and chronic pain.
Coconut or hemp seed oil is used to dilute the CBD once extracted from the cannabis plant. Health benefits result from the cannabinoid’s ability to affect the receptors in the endocannabinoid system. These neuropathways regulate a range of functions benefiting our sleep, mood, appetite, memory, and even our reproduction and fertility.
7 Benefits of CBD Oil
As far back as 2900 B.C., cannabis has been used to treat pain and other ailments. Today we know that these benefits are due to the compound CBD which we offer in cartridges in Vancouver and all over Canada.
- Pain Relief: Research indicates that CBD helps reduce pain through endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation by interacting with neurotransmitters. Human studies show that combinations of CBD and THC are effective in treating pain related to multiple sclerosis. Patients benefited from increased mobility, decreased muscle spasms, and decreased pain. Researchers and medical professionals found the same benefits in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Anxiety and Depression Relief: Among the common disorders that have a devastating effect on health and well-being are anxiety and depression. Depression is the largest cause of disability worldwide, while anxiety ranks a close sixth. Traditionally treated with pharmaceuticals (which cause side effects), CBD is quickly becoming a preferred way to address these symptoms.
- Cancer-Related Symptom Relief: Nausea, vomiting, and pain are common symptoms among people living with cancer. A study of 177 people living with cancer showed little, or no pain relief from pharmaceutical medication reported a significant reduction in pain when given CBD. Additionally, CBD combined with THC may also reduce nausea and vomiting from chemotherapy, better than standard treatments.
- Acne Relief: 9% of the population suffers from this skin condition. Many factors are said to induce acne, from genetics, or bacteria, to underlying inflammation and an over-production of sebum (an oily secretion made by sebaceous glands. CBD oil is showing indications that it treats acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to reduce sebum production.
- Neuroprotective Properties: There are potential benefits for neurological disorders. CBD’s ability to interact with the endocannabinoid system and other brain signaling systems may provide an effective treatment for epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. In multiple sclerosis patients, CBD shows effectiveness in treating muscle spasticity in 75% out of 276 patients with no benefit from traditional medication. Studies are ongoing to find potential from CBDs to treat other neurological diseases.
- Heart Health Benefit: CBD is now linked to benefits for the heart and circulatory system. Studies are showing that CBD can lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked to several health conditions like stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome.
- Other Potential Benefits: Studies suggest that CBD is also offering therapy for schizophrenia, addiction, and reducing morphine dependence.
New therapeutic uses and health benefits for this natural remedy a certain to be discovered as research continues. There is still a lot to learn about the safety and the side effects of CBD. However, recent studies suggest that CBD treats health issues with a safe and natural solution.
Buy CBD Oils from Greenex Farms
Oils are an excellent way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis in a discrete, fast, and healthy manner. If that sounds like something you may like to try, scroll down to buy CBD/THC oil online with Greenex Farms. We even carry CBD Oils for pets (Dogs and Cats)!